Biotrend is a research-based company specialized in the development, optimization and scale-up of bioprocesses.
Our advanced services help designing cost-competitive processes that are robust at industrially relevant scales, particularly in the area of industrial and marine biotechnology.
We are experienced in dealing with a wide range of natural or genetically modified microorganisms.
We work with real-life renewable raw-materials to produce a wide range of products, from biomass to chemicals, biopolymers or recombinant enzymes.
Our advanced bioprocessing know-how has been serving clients from small biotech startups to global corporations.
Process development and optimization
- Devise cultivation strategies aiming at maximizing productivities, yields and titers.
- Advanced process optimization strategies, based on a thorough understanding of the dynamics of the biological system.
- Process integration with raw material pre-processing and with downstream processing.
Process scale-up, de-risking and validation
- 2L, 10L, 50L and 250L bioreactors available for thorough scale-up studies and process de-risking.
- Direct access to facilities from 1,000L to 200,000L fermentation capacity through a network of partners.
Experienced with biodiversity
Yeasts and fungi