Innovative enzyme engineering company
Increase the productivity and reduce the production cost of an industrial enzyme.
Problem: Reduce the production cost for an existing product produced at 50,000L scale.
Approach: Implement fermentation strategy with improved feeding regimes of nutrients and inducer.
Result: Higher cell densities and higher specific activities allowed reduction of raw materials cost of more than 80%.
Pulp and paper multinational, world leader in premium office paper
Fermentation of carbon-rich waste streams from pulp and paper mills.
- Reduce cost of production of cell extracts for cosmetic use.
- Reduce cost of production of marine microorganism biomass for protein and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Very high cell density fermentation.
- Scale-up a process for heterotrophic fermentation of microalgae.
- Increase the productivity and scale-up of the production of ingredients with anti-fouling properties.
Problem: Provide the proof of concept beyond bench-scale discovery.
Approach: Develop fed-batch fermentation protocol from lab flask to 250L industry-standard bioreactor. Successfully transferred to 15,000L.
Result: >35-fold increase in productivity. Milestone met months earlier than expected.
Innovative pest management in agriculture
- Production of pheromones that disrupt mating attraction of agricultural pests.
- Production of microbial biomass producing molecules with biocidal activity to be used as replacement of chemical pesticides.
Leading confectionery multinational
- Produce biomaterials for packaging from carbohydrate-rich residues.
- Scale-up of the production of innovative fermented beverages based on fruit juice.
- Screening and scale-up of the production of novel yeasts for the wine industry.
Have you got a question for us?
We appreciate you contacting us about any question you may have. One of our colleagues will get back to you shortly.